4th of July snacks for a Patriotic Holiday
4th of July snacks should be easy, tasty, and portable. These red, white, and blue popcorn treats are the perfect answer to what to bring to a July 4th picnic, barbecue, or pot luck. Everybody loves chocolate covered popcorn!
These 4th of July popcorn snacks are easy to make if you use the microwave. We like the Cestari Kitchen Microwave Popcorn Popper – it makes things quick and easy, and doesn’t need oil to pop. Since it pops 1/4 cup at a time, you’ll need to do 2 separate batches.
- 1/2 cup popping popcorn kernels
- 1 (12 oz) bag white chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz) bag M&M’S Red, White and Blue Milk Chocolate Candy
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
July 4th Popcorn Treats Recipe
- Pop the popcorn in two batches in your Cestari Kitchen Microwave Popcorn Popper with no added salt or oil.
- Pour the popcorn in large mixing bowl, removing any unpopped kernels.
- Add the M&Ms to the bowl and toss to mix.
- Melt the white chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl on 50% power in 30 second intervals, stirring after each 30 second interval until melted and smooth.
- Drizzle half of the melted white chocolate over popcorn mixture, then stir, tossing gently a few times with a rubber spatula.
- Drizzle remaining half of melted chips over popcorn, and gently stir mixture until evenly coated. Work quickly, as you don’t want the chocolate to begin to harden.
- Pour the mixture into a single layer onto waxed paper or a silicone baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the entire mixture evenly with sprinkles (as many as you’d like) before the melted white chocolate chips set.
- Allow the mixture to cool and harden, then gently break into pieces and store in an airtight container.